[Linux-cluster] GFS performance issue on CentOS 5.5

Fred Wittekind rom at twister.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 23 17:34:02 UTC 2010

 I do have noatime, need to add nodiratime.  There are PHP session files
on the gfs2 volume.  There used to be Zend Cache file on it, but I moved
those to tmpfs.  There is one other set of cache files that where put in
a bad directory, so they are hard to move to tmpfs without changing the
client's website code (although I may do this anyways).

I had considered moving the PHP session files to a memcache server, but
then I observed very long load times on static website content
(images).  Since images don't involve the session files, I had decided
that it looked like there was more of a problem than the session files.
Although, could lock issues with the session files effect load times of
files in a completely different area of the directory tree?

I am not aware of any other files that are written to frequently.