[Linux-cluster] Recommendation of SAN devices

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jul 28 13:28:39 UTC 2010

Unless you are working with very few very large files with low frequency
of opening/closing those files, your bottleneck isn't going to be the
SAN or the latency of the disk array, it'll be the latency between your
cluster nodes.

If you want high performance, you'll have to design your application to
play nice with performance bottlenecks of cluster file systems. Here are
a couple threads from the archives of this mailing lists to get you
started.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cluster@redhat.com/msg04412.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cluster@redhat.com/msg08177.html

Gordan