Re: [Linux-cluster] pvmove with CLVM messages

Hi Gary,

Once the new SAN LUNs were presented to us, I just marked them as
physical volumes, extended the VG, then pvmove'd the old PVs to the new
ones. We had 3 existing LUNs that were moving to 1 larger LUN on the new
SAN.

pvcreate /dev/mapper/mpath4
vgextend datavg /dev/mapper/mpath4
pvmove -b /dev/mapper/mpath1 /dev/mapper/mpath4
pvmove -i 2  (to watch the progress)
pvmove -b /dev/mapper/mpath2 /dev/mapper/mpath4
pvmove -i 2  (to watch the progress)
pvmove -b /dev/mapper/mpath3 /dev/mapper/mpath4
pvmove -i 2  (to watch the progress)
lvdisplay -m /dev/datavg/* | grep "Physical volume"  (only mpath4 shows)
vgreduce datavg /dev/mapper/mpath1 /dev/mapper/mpath2 /dev/mapper/mpath3
pvremove /dev/mapper/mpath1 /dev/mapper/mpath2 /dev/mapper/mpath3

The only difference with the clustered systems was that the cmirror
package needed to be installed and the clogd daemon running.

Eric

>Message: 4
>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:45:45 -0600
>From: Gary Romo <garromo us ibm com>
>To: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
>Cc: linux-cluster redhat com, linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
>Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] pvmove with CLVM messages
<OF994EA4A3 108BD017-ON87257742 005685E9-87257742 00569670 us ibm com>

>Hello Eric.
>
>Can we see the pvmove syntax you used?  some examples?
>
>Thank you!
>
>Gary

Is it really necessary to print this email?

MTS ALLSTREAM INC. CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email message is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or if this message has been sent to you in error, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or its contents is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.  If there is an agreement attached with this message, such agreement will not be binding until it is signed by all parties named therein.