Re: [Linux-cluster] Newbie question - why the 16 node limit on Cluster Suite and does this also apply to GFS?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2010-May/msg00003.html

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Volker Dormeyer <volker ixolution de> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:56:42AM +0200,
Michael Lackner <michael lackner mu-leoben at> wrote:
> I'm also interested in this (just curious). When not using a quorum
> disk, but
> when using GFS/GFS2, would it be possible to create a cluster with more than
> 16 nodes with actual releases of the cluster suite, or would the
> software not
> allow it?

GFS2 is able to scale with more than 16 nodes. But it is not officially
supported. For myself, I didn't try to use more than 16 nodes, so far.

There was a discussion on this list one or two months ago.

Regards,
Volker