Re: [Linux-cluster] is it possible an active-active NFS server?

On 06/28/2010 12:26 PM, ESGLinux wrote:

2010/6/28 Gordan Bobic <gordan bobich net <mailto:gordan bobich net>>

    On 06/28/2010 11:11 AM, ESGLinux wrote:

        Hi All,

        I´m going to mount an active-active file server and my first
        idea is to
        mount a NFS service with luci but now I have the doubt if is it
          possible. with luci i have allways mounted Active-Passive
        services. So,
        my question is that.

        Any other aproach to get an Active-Active file Server?

    Not with NFS, since NFS has no feature to have multiple
    servers/share. But there is no reason you can't connect half of the
    clients to the other server.

I haven't realized about it, it could be a solution.

one thing, I have been investigating about it, and  I have thought it
could be possible using Linux Virtual Server (administered with
piranha), what do you think about it?

I think you need to start to list your requirements in a coherent manner first, in terms of performance, features, and redundancy. The solution you should be looking for will be more obvious then.

    If you need client-side multi-homing, GlusterFS can do that.

in this project I only can use red hat certified solutions. I suposse
GlusterFS isn't,

Hmm, personally I find that sticking with only what ships with the distro to be too limiting as soon as you need to cover a use-case that isn't very basic and boring. But if you are looking for a "supported" solution, Gluster Inc. do have support contracts available.

But without more information on your use-case and expected access patterns, it is impossible to suggest a solution in a particularly meaningful way.

Gordan