[Linux-cluster] gfs2 and SAN setup

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Tue Jun 29 06:51:24 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 00:20:26 Jeremiah D. Jester wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>

> Thanks for your reply. Our two servers are donuts (server1) and coffee
>  (server2)  have been configured with CMAN but the outcome isn't quite what
>  we expect. On donuts a 'clustat' gives us some errors.
>

> [root at donuts ~]# clustat
>
> Cluster Status for ngs @ Mon Jun 28 15:14:15 2010
>
> Member Status: Quorate
>

> Member Name                                                ID   Status
>
> ------ ----                                                ---- ------
>
> donuts.microslu.washington.edu                                 2 Online,
>  Local
>
> Node1
>
>                                                          1 Offline,
>  Estranged
>

> My cluster.conf file reads as following on this machine.
>

> [root at donuts ~]# cat  /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <cluster alias="ngsCluster" config_version="7" name="ngs">
>
>         <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>
>
>         <clusternodes>
>
>                 <clusternode name="coffee.microslu.washington.edu"
>  nodeid="1" votes="1">
>
>                         <fence/>
>
>                 </clusternode>
>
>                 <clusternode name="donuts.microslu.washington.edu"
>  nodeid="2" votes="1">
>
>                         <fence/>
>
>                 </clusternode>
>
>         </clusternodes>
>
>         <cman/>
>
>         <fencedevices/>
>
>         <rm>
>
>                 <failoverdomains/>
>
>                 <resources/>
>
>         </rm>
>
> </cluster>
>

> However, when I try to do the same on coffee, I am unable to start cman.
>  I've copied donuts cluster.conf file to  this machine but gets overwritten
>  with a cluster.conf file that just has 'donuts' in it every time I try to
>  restart CMAN.
>

> [root at coffee cluster]# clustat
>
> Could not connect to CMAN: Connection refused
>
> [root at coffee cluster]# /etc/init.d/cman start
>
> Starting cluster:

>    Mounting configfs... done
>
>    Starting ccsd... done
>
>    Starting cman... failed
>
> cman not started: Can't find local node name in cluster.conf

I don't understand why your local copy of cluster.conf gets overwritten on
coffee when you start cman.

10 cents : make sure the "hostname" command returns the fully qualified domain
name, as appears in your cluster.conf file

Also make sure everything is ok in the /etc/hosts file

Perhaps you can also stop everything, increment the version number, copy the
"good" file on your nodes and restart simultanously cman on both nodes ?