[Linux-cluster] Shared storage across clustered VMs?

I've got a 4 node cluster back-ended with iSCSI storage that's happily running 20 or so VMs. I now have a request to present some shared storage across several of the VMs and am wondering what's the best way to accomplish this. GFS2? Can VMs even communicate back with the cluster for lock_dlm to work?

Interested in how others have skinned this cat...