-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Xavier Montagutelli
Sent: woensdag 3 maart 2010 8:28
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Shared storage across clustered VMs?

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 23:50:26 Jeff Karpinski wrote:
> I've got a 4 node cluster back-ended with iSCSI storage that's happily
> running 20 or so VMs. I now have a request to present some shared
> storage across several of the VMs and am wondering what's the best way
> to accomplish this. GFS2? Can VMs even communicate back with the
> cluster for lock_dlm to work?
>
> Interested in how others have skinned this cat...

I don't know if GFS2 is the best way to share data among your VMs.

But if you go for GFS2, I suppose the clusters should be different : one
cluster for the hosts, and one cluster for the VMs having a shared disk with
GFS2. They have different purposes, you should not mix them.