Re: [Linux-cluster] fencing issue - with attach logs&conf

Thanks to all !!!!

Shalom klemer hp com

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Lon Hohberger <lhh redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 13:10 +0200, שלום קלמר wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I got 2 power supplies. But if someone by mistake pull the power
> cables , is that mean
>
> That the services will not failover ??

The problem is:

no power = no ping + no DRAC access
no network = no ping, no DRAC access

If there's no power, then it is safe to fail over.

If there is no network (and power is OK), then it is not safe to fail
over.  Failover in this case is very likely to produce data corruption!

Because we can not tell which case happened, we do not fail over.

-- Lon