Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS Tuning - it's just slow, to slow for production

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 08:33 -0600, Alan A wrote:
> We are trying to deploy GFS in production, and are experiencing major
> performance issues. What parameters in GFS settune can be changed to
> increase I/O, to better tune performance? Application we run utilizes
> a lot of I/O, please advise.
>
> We experience OK performance when starting, but as things ramp up and
> we get few processes going GFS slows dramatically.

What workload are you tuning for? The chances are that you'll do a lot
better by adjusting the way in which the application(s) use the
filesystem rather than tweeking any specific tuning parameters. What
mount parameters are you using?

Steve.