Re: [Linux-cluster] Shared storage across clustered VMs?

On 2010/03/05 11:59 AM, Brett Cave wrote:

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:23 AM, Jeff Karpinski <jeff 3d0g net> wrote:
Our assigned Red Hat engineer was on-site today and pointed out the blindingly obvious solution. Can't believe I didn't think of it: Run NFS as a clustered service and have the VMs mount that. That way ANY system - even outside of the cluster - can also access the data.

This is what we are doing, works great. We considered presenting the raw devices from our SAN (fc connectivity instead of iSCSI) to the VM's, but opted against it due to dynamics of changing # of VM's and GFS requirements for journals / # of nodes, as well as multicast issues (each dom0 uses a different routed network for VM's). Each VM mounts NFS from its host.

What kind of security do you apply, both to the NFS cluster, and the data that get accessed on it?
--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers, SoftDux MD

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com