Re: [Linux-cluster] Shared storage across clustered VMs?

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Jeff Karpinski <jeff 3d0g net> wrote:

A good solution for security is to define the clustered NFS service on a "private" non-routed network and give the VMs a new interface in that network. Then the NFS won't even be visible outside the cluster. Also keeps that traffic off your physical networks.

--

Thanx Jeff, this is probably a good idea. But, I'm just thinking, how about allowing the end users access to their exports from the internet?

We have a lot of virtual private server (VPS) clients, and I'm thinking that it could be beneficial for the clients to access their NFS exports directly, for whatever purpose?  Or would this pose a serious security problem?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com