Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs2-utils source for recovery purpose of a corrupt gfs2 partition

----- "Markus Wolfgart" <markus wolfgart dlr de> wrote:
| Hallo Cluster and GFS Experts,
|
| I'm a new  subscriber of this mailing list and appologise
| in the case my posting is offtopic.
|
| I'm looking for help concerning a corrupt gfs2 file system
| which could not be recovered by me by fsck.gfs2 (Ver. 3.0.9)
| due to to less less physical memory (4GB) eaven if increasing it
| by a additional swap space (now about 35GB).
|
| I would like to parse a image created of the lost fs (the first 6TB)
| with the code provided in the new gfs2-utils release.
|
| Due to this circumstance I hope to find in this mailing list some
| hints
| concerning an automated step by step recovery of lost data.
|
| Many Thanks in advance for your help
|
| Markus

Hi Markus,

You said that fsck.gfs2 is not working but you did not say what
messages it gives you when you try.  This must be a very big
file system.  How big is it?  Was it converted from gfs1?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems