-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Don Hoover
Sent: woensdag 5 mei 2010 20:03
To: linux-cluster redhat com
Subject: [Linux-cluster] Get qdisk to use /dev/mapper/mpathx devices
insteadof /dev/dm-x

I have recently learned that its dangerous to use /dev/dm-x devices for LVM
because they do not function correctly with multipath, and that you should
always use the /dev/mapper/mpathx devices.  Something about the fact that
udev actually destroys and recreates the dm devices when paths change.

But, qdisk seems to prefer using dm-x devices.  Is there a way to get it to
prefer using /dev/mapper/mpathx devices if they are available?

I know you can spec the device instead of the label, but I would like to
avoid that.