[Linux-cluster] Maximum number of nodes

Celso K. Webber celsowebber at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 03:00:05 UTC 2010

Hi Steve,

I believe the 16 node is a limit of qdiskd only, isn't it? CMAN node limit can be much higher, I believe. I don't know about GFS/GFS2 node limits, on the other hand.

>From the Cluster FAQ at http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/CMAN:

"Is quorum disk/partition reserved for two-node clusters, and if not, how many nodes can it support?Currently a quorum disk/partition may be used in clusters of up to 16 nodes."

Regards,

Celso.