[Linux-cluster] clvm ignores lvm.conf filter?

Just curious...I just noticed that clvm seems to ignore the filter configuration in /etc/lvm.conf.

We are getting "Found duplicate PV" errors on the /dev/sd? devices on our systems that are using clvm even though we filter those out in the lvm.conf to use the /dev/mapper/mpath* devices.

In the non-clvm systems, this makes these errors go away because lvm will only look at the devices that match the lvm.conf filter.

Does clvm ignore this filter?  Is there a way to stop these "duplicate pv" errors on clvm boxes like their is on stand along?