[Linux-cluster] clvm ignores lvm.conf filter?

Don Hoover dxh at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 15:06:59 UTC 2010

On further discovery it seems that its lvdisplay that is
ignoring them.

For "lvscan -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"

I see this in the debug output:
#filters/filter-regex.c:172
   /dev/sdgy: Skipping (regex)

For "lvdisplay -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"

I see this in the debug output:
 #cache/lvmcache.c:1224
    Ignoring duplicate PV Gw7zqCRUj0mjfGltw3AaHhMfznSjmMTc on /dev/sdgy - using dm /dev/mapper/mpath91

And no filter/skipping lines at all for any /dev/sd*
devices...it scans them anyway for some reason.

I wonder if this is a bug that has been introdced in the
latest lvm packages...I am seeing this on a RHEL55 box
running:
lvm2-2.02.56-8.el5.x86_64
lvm2-cluster-2.02.56-7.el5.x86_64

I think I will post to the linux-lvm list as well.