Re: [Linux-cluster] pull plug on node, service never relocates

Fencing works great - no problems there. The APC PDU responds beautifully to any node's attempt to fence.

The issue is this:

The service only relocates after the fenced node reboots and rejoins the cluster. Then the service relocates to another node. This happens well and without fail.

But what if the node that was fenced refuses to boot back up because, say an anvil fell out of the sky and smashed it, or its motherboard fried?

This is what I am simulating by pulling the plug on a node that happens to be running a service. The service will not relocate until the failed node has rebooted.

I don't want that. I want the service to relocate ASAP regardless of if the failed node reboots or not.

Thank you so much for your consideration.