Re: [Linux-cluster] Incomplete gfs2_fsck aborting without error

On 26/05/2010, at 11:59 PM, Bob Peterson wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Try running the fsck.gfs2 found on my people page at this location:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/rpeterso/Experimental/RHEL5.x/gfs2/fsck.gfs2

Hi Bob,

Thanks. This reveals a number of errors  (directory entries pointing to out of range blocks, wrong leaf counts, blocks marked wrong in the bitmap and a couple of unrecoverable inode errors). It's a little scary that these sorts of errors aren't discovered by the regular fsck!

This disk was grown at some point so I assume this problem occurred as a result of the filesystem extension, could this be "GFS2: fatal: invalid metadata block after gfs2_grow (BZ#546683)" ?

Regards,
Tom