[Linux-cluster] Incomplete gfs2_fsck aborting without error

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu May 27 13:13:02 UTC 2010

----- "Tom Lanyon" <tom at netspot.com.au> wrote:
| On 27/05/2010, at 12:48 PM, Jeff Sturm wrote:
| > Just a guess, but it sounds like gfs2_grow failed, left the
| filesystem
| > in an inconsistent state, and fsck.gfs2 was able to repair it.

Yeah, Jeff's probably right.  It sounds like for some reason
your gfs2_grow was unsuccessful.  The new fsck.gfs2 repaired it.
Now you should do another gfs2_grow to get it to rebuild those
rgrps that were missing.  You may want to consider making a
backup before you do anything else though.  But hey, I'm
super-paranoid about making lots of backups, not with gfs2 but
all file systems.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems