[Linux-cluster] RHEL 6 cluster filesystem resource and LVM snapshots

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Tue Nov 23 10:17:45 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 November 2010 07:13:56 Jankowski, Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am preparing a build of a RHEL 6 cluster with a filesystem resource(s)
>  (ext4 or XFS).  The customer would like to use LVM snapshots of the
>  filesystems for tape backup.

Where will your filesystem resource be located ? In a cluster, it's usually on
a shared storage, using *cluster* LVM. Are snapshots available now with CLVM ?
It was not the case last time I read documentation, which is/was (?) a serious
drawback.

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95