Re: [Linux-cluster] ha-lvm

On 11/04/2010 10:42 AM, Jonathan Barber wrote:
> On 3 November 2010 17:55, Randy Zagar <zagar arlut utexas edu> wrote:

>> I frequently find that I'm unable to umount volumes, even after lsof
>> and fuser return nothing relevant, and have to "force" a "lazy" umount
>> like so:
>>
>>    umount -lf /dir
>>
>> because both "umount /dir" and "umount -f /dir" fail.
>
> That's a cool option, but I'd be very worried about corrupting the
> filesystem if it was mounted on a second node whilst a process was
> holding the filesystem open on the original node.

Right; a lazy umount just detaches the root directory of the mounted file system
from the namespace. The file system is still mounted following this operation
it's just not reachable from the file system namespace (it will be cleaned up
properly once it's no longer busy but remains in use until that time).

Regards,
Bryn.