Re: [Linux-cluster] Starter Cluster / GFS

We had to make similar changes to our application.

Avoid allowing two (or more) hosts to create small files in the same
shared directory within a GFS filesystem.  That particular case scales
poorly with GFS.

If you can partition things so that two hosts will never create files in
the same directory (we used a per-host directory structure for our
application), or perhaps direct all write operations to one host while
other hosts only read from GFS, it should perform well.

Ok, I see. Our applications will read/write into its own directory most of the time. In the rare cases when it'll be possible that 2 nodes read/writes to the same directory, it'll be for php sessions files. If we ever need to reach to this stage, we'll have to make a custom session handler to put them into a central memcached or something else...