[Linux-cluster] Configurations of services?

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Mon Nov 15 21:29:05 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2010 07:57 PM, Colin Simpson wrote:
> Out of interest (for my own setup) does anyone know if there are any
> massive negatives to keeping the service config files on a GFS2 volume?
> Just seems like a nice lazy approach to distributing them to me, esp as
> on GFS2 you have shared storage anyway.
>
> I maybe thought if a service needs cleanly shutdown (or more likely
> checking if it's down on a node might require the config file and the
> GFS2 might not have been mounted).

I fail to see negatives on that kind of setup. Although, I don't use
GFS2 too often, so I try to solve this problem differently.

@Gordan, I've tried csync2 and it's a great tool. It works exactly the
way I wanted! Thank you very much, I'm prepping it for big push into
production environments :)

--
Jakov Sosic