Re: [Linux-cluster] RH Cluster / Pacemaker / Veritas Cluster Server & SF

On 11/19/2010 07:15 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
did you file any bugzillas?

I didn't file any. First I tried posting to this list hoping that
someone would shout "hey, you messed up your setup! you were not
supposed to do this and that" etc etc. But I actually haven't got any
reply at all.

Understood, but you need to file bugzilla´s for issues. We simply don´t
have enough resources to track bugs on mailing lists too.

Ok please, for each problem file a separate bugzilla, collect
/var/log/cluster/* and cluster.conf.

I've filed several bugs now, and most of them do get addressed.

I´d be very happy to help, but two warnings, the rgmanager maintainer is
temporary unavailable and I don´t have his expertise. Failure to provide
requested data, is going to make it complex to debug.

If, for any reason, you need to hide password in cluster.conf, please
attach the "mangled" version in bugzilla and a send a pristine copy to
me and Lon<lhh redhat com>. We don´t care about your passwords or real
ip addresses, but we have seen way too many people breaking cluster.conf
only to mask a password. We need to make sure everything is in the right
place.

For what it's worth, I've found Fabio and Lon to be wonderfully helpful and I've trusted Fabio enough to give him access to my machine in the past. I know that you don't me, so this is of limited value I suspect, but I trust them and wouldn't hesitate to send pristine config files to either of them.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer alteeve com