Hello Somsak St.
It is wonderful to see your reply, and the following is what I have done these days:
Installed major S/W version information and H/W information:
(1). RHEL5 U4 and use “yum update” to update the installed rpm to
Original kernel: 2.6.18-164-el5 (x86_64)
Up-to-date kernel: 2.6.18-194.17.1-el5 (x86_64)
(2). HPDMmultipath: 4.4.1 (device mapper multipath enablement kit for hp storageworks disk arrays)
(3). PSP (ProLiant Support Pack for Linux) 8.5 for RHEL5 (x86_64)
(4). qla2xxx.ko version: 8.03.01.04.05.05-k (FC HBA kernel module)
(1). CPU Intel Xeon (x2)
(2). 64GB Memory
(3). QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.03.01.04.05.05-k (x2)
(QLogic HPAE312A – PCI-Express Dual Port 4Gb Fibre Channel HBA)
(4). Network interface:
Broadcom NetXtreme II Gigabit Ethernet Driver bnx2 v2.0.2 (x1) ((4-port per each card)
Intel PRO/1000 Network Driver – 1.1.17-NAPI (x2) (4-port per each card)
- Install of RHEL5 U4 on two ProLiant servers, D380/G6.
- Configure bond0/bind1 for network interfaces, network interfaces are workable.
- Enable and run multipathd, use “multipath –l” to check the shared disks on EVA8400,
the shared disks are visible.
- Use “mkqdisk –c /dev/mapper/mpath3 –l QDISK” to build quorum disk, use “mkqdisk –L”
to view quorum disk on the two ProLiant servers, output is OK.
- Configure and test iLO fence, it is workable for the two ProLiant servers.
- Configure the basic cluster configuration for two-node and quorum disk, when using
“service cman start” on the two servers to start cluster, it is always “only one
node” can get quorum.
- Configure and use yum to “update” the installed rpms to up-to-date version and use
the new kernel for further tests, it is still “only one node” can get quorum.
- Jason changed the OS type from Windows to Linux for shared disk from EVA8400
- Add some qla2xxx options to /etc/modprobe.conf to test, it still fails to join
the two nodes into one workable cluster.
- Install “device mapper multipath enablement kit for hp storageworks disk arrays”
for more test, it still fails.
- Pull-out fiber-channel cable to simulate only one path to connect to EVA8400 for
more tests, it fails, too.
- Install “ProLiant Support Pack” for more test, it fails, too.
The following files and command outputs will be updated to you as soon as I can.
mkqdisk -L, multipath -ll, clustat -v command, /etc/cluster/cluster.conf and /etc/multipath.conf
Thanks a lot, and your kindly support is very appreciated.