[Linux-cluster] Remove Luci on Conga

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:36:45 UTC 2010

This is the single biggest problem with luci. It's ridiculous that the
entries cannot be removed from the luci data store. What if there were
loads of clusters being managed by luci....  rgh.....

And redhat will tell you that the preferred way to manage clusters is
using luci because, system-config-cluster is slightly broken and isn't
well maintained.

I know it sounds painful, but your best choice of action, IMHO, is to
go deep and fire up vi,vim,emacs or what have you and create those
files by hand. You could use system-config-cluster to get yourself a
skeleton but then go back to an editor.

The problem with SCC is that it doesn't validate the XML in the
config, but it does some simple checks which cause it to puke if you
have things in the config it doesn't know about. Newer versions ignore
those entries but I believe you could have ..

<RumpleStiltskinWasHere />

in the file and it'd be OK...

You might be thinking "what on earth wold I put in there that the
cluster config tools don't know about?!"  and I'd say you might adjust
the plock settings....

  <dlm plock_ownership="1" plock_rate_limit="0"/>
  <gfs_controld plock_rate_limit="0"/>

which helps GFS1/2 since the default lock rate is some crazy small
number like 100p/s. With 5 nodes with only 1G on the backend, this
easily increases to 1500p/s or so

as far as I know, the cluster config tools know nothing of this option...

I've been doing the cluster configs by hand for so long things may
have changed but I'd be surprised.

Newer luci versions are based on turbogears instead of zope so we'll
see how that goes. I'll stick to vi for now..

Ok, rant over, and I really hope this helps you make a decision.

Good luck

-C