[Linux-cluster] need help - Fencing problem

rhurst at bidmc.harvard.edu rhurst at bidmc.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 9 13:34:20 UTC 2010

For what it is worth, our experiences with HP iLO management cards:

iLO found on G1 servers does not need to be licensed, AFAIK, it does not have the option to do so anyways.

iLO2 found on G2 and beyond does not need to be licensed either, if you are only using it as a fencing device.  We licensed all of ours, because it enabled useful KVM with remote media capabilities that are superior than our Raritan KVM infrastructure.

Both management cards should have their firmware updated -- they were both problematic to us as factory-shipped, but applying their update packs allowed them to work as advertised.

Also, can't you add "-v" for verbose output and also something like "-D /tmp/fence.out" to save debugging info to an output file?  It might help some to see where exactly the failure is occuring.  Good luck.