Re: [Linux-cluster] cluster of RHEL 5.4 AP in IBM Blade Center S with blade server HS22

HS22 type blades are irrelevant; there is nothing special about them to setup.

Make certain your (Cisco) switch has IGMP Snooping enabled -- you will not be able to form a cluster without it on.  Conversely, if you are using a Server Connectivity Module (SCM) only, disable IGMP Snooping on that device.

If you are using GFS / GFS2 clustered filesystems, your fence device is the BladeCenter's AMM.  Make certain you setup an account in your AMM that is allowed to power up / power off each blade in its chassis.

We have two AMMs for redundancy, Adama and Cain, and created a local account "cluster", i.e.,

cluster.conf snippet:

  <clusternode name="zodiac" nodeid="8" votes="1">
   <fence>
    <method name="1">
     <device blade="8" name="Adama"/>
    </method>