[Linux-cluster] porblem with quorum at cluster boot

jacob ishak jacob.ishak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 20:32:31 UTC 2010

hi
in 2-node cluster you don't need a quorum disk , there is a 2-node cluster
option that will added to the cluster.conf , and the cluster will be
functional quorate and everything , think of it  if you have 2 nodes only .

regarding your problem , is the problem occuring on a specific node , or on
both , if on a specific node , then check connectivity with shared disk ,
also how are you shutting down the cluster ( hard shutdown? ) ,
simultaneously or at the same time, .... it all maters ?? also check the
fencing devices is the fencing occurring correctly ( did you tried to unplug
network cables from one node and observed behavior )???? many parameters to
check , my recommendation is to troubleshoot step by step starting with the
basics ( hardware .. ) and on the way up .