Re: [Linux-cluster] Replication for iSCSI target?

use drbd!

2011/4/2 Michael McGlothlin <michaelm plumbersstock com>
I'm experimenting with setting up an iSCSI target that has data
replication between three nodes. Right now I'm trying Glusterfs which
seems workable but I'm not sure how it'll handle it if more than one
node is trying to access the same target device (1TB sparse file) at
the same time. Has anyone set something like this up before and can
give me some hints? I was looking at GFS before but it appeared to not
do replication? DRBD seemed like a possibility but having more than
two nodes sounded as if it might be an issue.

Each server has dual quad-core Xeon processors, 64GB RAM, 8 2TB
drives, and 10Gb Ethernet so I hope hardware won't be a limitation.
We've constantly had trouble with every iSCSI, SAN, NAS, etc we've
tried so I want to make something that is completely void of any
single point of failure.

Thanks,
Michael McGlothlin