From: Nathan Powell [mailto:nathan nathanpowell org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:40 PM
To: linux clustering
Cc: Amit Jathar
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Need help on the femce_vmware configuration ... !!

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Amit Jathar <amit jathar alepo com> wrote:
> My ESXi server hostname is "esx5" & the VM image running on it is
> "Cluster_1"

> [root OEL6_VIP_1 ~]# /usr/sbin/fence_vmware -a x.x.x.x -o status -l
> root -p password -n esx5

I have never used fence_vmware however a quick look at that command, and then at the man page reveals that '-n esx5' shouldn't work, if what you say above is true.

   -n <id>        Physical plug number on device or name of virtual machine

--
Nathan Powell
Linux System Administrator

"Worry never robs tomorrow of it's sorrow. It only saps today of it's joy." ~ Leo Buscaglia

This email (message and any attachment) is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not certain that you are the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and delete all copies of this message and attachments. Any other use of this email by you is prohibited.