[Linux-cluster] fence_apc and Apc AP-8941

Marek Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 08:17:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 04/06/2011 05:06 PM, Nicolas Ross wrote:
>> If response is too fast then problem is in connecting
>> information/process. If it took long enough (timeout problem) then it
>> can be problem with change in command prompt. If it is possible
>> please send me what it is displayed when you are trying to do it
>> manually.
>

> Response is indeed very fast when trying with the agent. With tcpdump
> on the node I try with the agent, I see ssh packets go to and from the
> apc switch.
>
> When ssh-iing to the apc switch, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds before
> I get the password prompt, and then I see :
> ------------------------------
> user at 1.1.1.1's password:
>

> American Power Conversion               Network Management Card AOS
> v5.1.2
> (c) Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved  RPDU 2g v5.1.0
>
> Name      : Unknown                                   Date : 04/06/2011
> Contact   : Unknown                                   Time : 10:52:44
> Location  : Unknown                                   User : Device
> Manager
> Up Time   : 0 Days 1 Hour 52 Minutes                  Stat : P+ N4+
> N6+ A+
>

> Type ? for command listing
> Use tcpip command for IP address(-i), subnet(-s), and gateway(-g)
>
> apc>qConnection to 1.1.1.1 closed.
> ------------------------------
>
> I think I have found the problem... Looking at fence_apc, I see :
>
> options["ssh_options"] = "-1 -c blowfish"
>
> Now, if I add this to my ssh command like so :
>
> ssh -1 -c blowfish user at 1.1.1.1
>
> I get :
>
> Protocol major versions differ: 1 vs. 2

So they drop support for ssh v1. Unfortunately old versions were not
usable with v2. I can make ssh_options tunable and not only pre-set.

> So, there is no ssh version 1 on this version of the apc switrch. I
> commented out that line in /usr/sbin/fence_apc, and now the fence
> agent is able to establish the connection, but it cannot go any further.

Add "cmd_prompt" into device_opt in fence_apc. Then you will have
possibility to set --command-prompt to "apc>".

Both fixes will be simple, feel free to create bugzilla entry for them.

m,