Re: [Linux-cluster] problems with clvmd

On 18/04/11 14:38, Terry wrote:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Christine Caulfield
<ccaulfie redhat com>  wrote:
On 17/04/11 21:52, Terry wrote:

As a result of a strange situation where our licensing for storage
dropped off, I need to join a centos 5.6 node to a now single node
cluster.  I got it joined to the cluster but I am having issues with
CLVMD.  Any lvm operations on both boxes hang.  For example, vgscan.
I have increased debugging and I don't see any logs.  The VGs aren't
being populated in /dev/mapper.  This WAS working right after I joined
it to the cluster and now it's not for some unknown reason.  Not sure
where to take this at this point.   I did find one weird startup log
that I am not sure what it means yet:
[root omadvnfs01a ~]# dmesg | grep dlm
dlm: no local IP address has been set
dlm: cannot start dlm lowcomms -107
dlm: Using TCP for communications
dlm: connecting to 2

That message usually means that dlm_controld has failed to start. Try
starting the cman daemons (groupd, dlm_controld) manually with the -D switch
and read the output which might give some clues to why it's not working.

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie,

I thought of that but I see dlm started on both nodes.  See right below.

[root omadvnfs01a ~]# ps xauwwww | grep dlm
root      5476  0.0  0.0  24736   760 ?        Ss   15:34   0:00
/sbin/dlm_controld
root      5502  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S<      15:34   0:00

Well, that's encouraging in a way! But it's evidently not started fully or the DLM itself would be working. So I still recommend starting it with -D to see how far it gets.

Chrissie