Re: [Linux-cluster] problems with clvmd

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Terry <td3201 gmail com> wrote:
> What happens if I shutdown all cluster services on the RHEL node,
> remove it from the cluster and then simply create a new LVM
> configuration (new pvs, vgs, lvs, etc) and cluster configuration on
> the centos box and start over?   Will the data be intact?

Creating a new VG on top of existing PVs means wiping all data.

>   FYI, the
> data itself is a postgresql database and some NFS volumes on ext3 and
> gfs.
>
> Sorry for dominating the list today, just need some ideas on possible
> directions.

If you just want to access the data, IIRC you should be able to simply
do vgchange -cn VG_name (turn off cluster locking for that VG. See
"man vgchange"). Then (possibly) "pvscan;vgchange -ay"

If you also have some gfs/gfs2 filesystem, you should be able to mount
them with "-o lock_nolock"

--
Fajar