Re: [Linux-cluster] Question with RHCS and oracle

Hi,

No, it's not mandatory to use RAC. You can use Cluster Suite HA services to provide a cold failover cluster for Oracle database, and this is supported by both Oracle and Redhat as a valid deployment. You can install Oracle Standard edition or Enterprise editions for that.

Check Lon notes (for example) in http://people.redhat.com/lhh/oracle-rhel5-notes-0.6/oracle-notes.html

regards,

alvaro

Hello:

I would like to Install an Oracle database with RHCS (RH 5.5)
 I have some issues.
Can I make a cluster without using RAC for listener and VIP? only using the Redhat cluster services. Or if mandatory to use RAC?
Any hint will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Regards,

--