Re: [Linux-cluster] clusternode name and uname -n

On 28/04/11 13:29, Digimer wrote:
On 04/28/2011 04:18 AM, Christine Caulfield wrote:
On 28/04/11 03:43, Digimer wrote:
Somewhere along the way, I got the idea that<clunsternode name="...">
had to match 'uname -n'. Am I mad, or is this in fact the case? If it is
the case, why?

I hate saying "this must be so" without understanding the mechanics of
why. If I am wrong, then I need a boot to the head. :P

Section 2 of this document explains how cman matches the hostname:
http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/CSNetworking.pdf

Chrissie

Chrissie++

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for. :)

There are some other docs of mine there that might be worth plundering. They're written for techies rather than users but might be handy for reference for more user-orientated material.

Chrissie