Re: [Linux-cluster] EFI in CLVM

On 12/08/2011 17:24, Paras pradhan wrote:
Does it mean that I don't need mpath0p1 ? If its the case i don't need to run kpartx on mpath0?

You still need kpartx, but that's a bit clunky anyway. Let dm-multipath take care of all that for you.

(The last time I used kpartx and friends was 2003. Dm-multipath and multipathd are much more user-friendly. All you need then is multipath -v2 -ll to verify things are where they should be...)

And not having mpath0p1 will take away this device mapper ioctl failed issue when creating lvcreate?

I think that's a separate issue. What's the underlaying structure? SAN? FC? iscsi? drdb?

I am really confused why this lock has failed , also not sure if this is related to this >2TB LUN.

It's not. Some of my LUNs are 25+Tb

FWIW having PVs on LUN partitions introduces a small but measurable speed penalty over making the entire LUN a PV - this is mostly down to the small offset a partition table adds to the front of the LUN.