[Linux-cluster] Problems after cluster update

Emilio Arjona emilio at ugr.es
Thu Aug 18 12:01:45 UTC 2011

Hello all,

after updating a node from a cluster running REDHAT 5.4 (PAE) I've lost
access to the shared LUN (gfs2). I see the device with 'multipath -v2'
command but pvs, vgs, don't see it anymore. The old 'fiendly name' entry of
the volume in /dev/mapper is missing too, but the mpathXY entry is still
there.

I'm getting this error when using commands related with lvm (pvs, pvscan,
lvs, etc.):

  connect() failed on local socket:
  Internal cluster locking initialisation failed.
  WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
  Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.

Have I to create again the physical volume, the volume group and the logical
volume?

Extra info:
uname in the updated node returns: 2.6.18-274.el5PAE
uname in the not-updated nodes returns: 2.6.18-164.9.1.el5PAE

Thanks in advance.

Emilio Arjona Heredia
Centro de Enseñanzas Virtuales de la Universidad de Granada
C/ Real de Cartuja 36-38
http://cevug.ugr.es
Tlfno.: 958-241000 ext. 20206