Re: [Linux-cluster] Options other than reboot to stop DP processes thatcan't be killed -9

Hi Alan / anyone,

>  best discussed on a list dedicated to backups
> so a spooling setup is needed to avoid shoeshine

Appreciate if you can point me to good active lists for DataProtector &
NetBackup.  Need to explore more.

I've seen a German corporate using numerous low-cost NAS (as they
cost a lot less than one large tape library with four drives) to do image
(ie system/boot disks) & data backups to the NAS.

They rotate the NAS' SATA disks offsite : critics have it disks may
crash & there's lack of security encryption but a SATA disk can cost
less than LTO tapes for each GB of storage

Sun