[Linux-cluster] Question about GFS2 journal size

The default journal size for gfs2 is 128 megs. We have a 8 node cluster, so I create 10, just in case. So that yields to roughly 1.3 gig the size of an empty filesystem.

For some applications, I wish to create smaller file systems, like bellow 1 gig. So to have 1.3 gig of journal for a 500 megs FS is like overkill. What's the use of the journal and can I lower down to a more proprotionate size for my application, like 16 or 32 meg each ?