[Linux-cluster] Cluster node hangs

Sachin Bhugra sachinbhugra at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 09:14:43 UTC 2011

Hi ,

 I have setup a two node cluster in lab, with Vmware Server, and hence
used manual fencing. It includes a iSCSI GFS2 partition and it service
Apache in Active/Passive mode.

Cluster works and I am able to relocate service between nodes with no
issues. However, the problem comes when I shutdown the node, for
testing, which is presently holding the service. When the node becomes
unavailable, service gets relocated and GFS partition gets mounted on
the other node, however it is not accessible. If I try to do a "ls/du"
on GFS partition, the command hangs. On the other hand the node which
was shutdown gets stuck at "unmounting file system".

I tried using fence_manual -n nodename and then fence_ack_manual -n nodename, however it still remains the same.

Can someone please help me is what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,