Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster node hangs

On 02/13/2011 10:41 AM, Elvir Kuric wrote:
On 02/13/2011 10:14 AM, Sachin Bhugra wrote:
Hi ,

I have setup a two node cluster in lab, with Vmware Server, and hence used manual fencing. It includes a iSCSI GFS2 partition and it service Apache in Active/Passive mode.

Cluster works and I am able to relocate service between nodes with no issues. However, the problem comes when I shutdown the node, for testing, which is presently holding the service. When the node becomes unavailable, service gets relocated and GFS partition gets mounted on the other node, however it is not accessible. If I try to do a "ls/du" on GFS partition, the command hangs. On the other hand the node which was shutdown gets stuck at "unmounting file system".

I tried using fence_manual -n nodename and then fence_ack_manual -n nodename, however it still remains the same.

Can someone please help me is what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
-- Linux-cluster mailing list Linux-cluster redhat com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
It would be good to see  /etc/fstab configuration used on cluster nodes. If /gfs partition is mounted manually it will not be unmounted correctly in case you restart node ( and not executing umount prior restart ), and will hang during shutdown/reboot process.

More at:  http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Global_File_System_2/index.html

Edit: above link, section 3.4 Special Considerations when Mounting GFS2 File Systems

Regards,

Elvir