[Linux-cluster] Cluster node hangs

Sachin Bhugra sachinbhugra at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:19:01 UTC 2011

Thank for the reply and link. However, GFS2 is not listed in fstab, it is only handled by cluster config.

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:52:51 +0100
From: ekuric at redhat.com
To: linux-cluster at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster node hangs

    Message body

    On 02/13/2011 10:41 AM, Elvir Kuric wrote:

      On 02/13/2011 10:14 AM, Sachin Bhugra wrote:

         Hi ,

        I have setup a two node cluster in lab, with Vmware Server, and
        hence used manual fencing. It includes a iSCSI GFS2 partition
        and it service Apache in Active/Passive mode.

        Cluster works and I am able to relocate service between nodes
        with no issues. However, the problem comes when I shutdown the
        node, for testing, which is presently holding the service. When
        the node becomes unavailable, service gets relocated and GFS
        partition gets mounted on the other node, however it is not
        accessible. If I try to do a "ls/du" on GFS partition, the
        command hangs. On the other hand the node which was shutdown
        gets stuck at "unmounting file system".

        I tried using fence_manual -n nodename and then fence_ack_manual
        -n nodename, however it still remains the same.

        Can someone please help me is what I am doing wrong?

        Thanks,

      It would be good to see  /etc/fstab configuration used on
        cluster nodes. If /gfs partition is mounted manually it will not
        be unmounted correctly in case you restart node ( and not
        executing umount prior restart ), and will hang during
        shutdown/reboot process.

        More at:  http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Global_File_System_2/index.html

    Edit: above link, section 3.4 Special Considerations
      when Mounting GFS2 File Systems

        Regards,

        Elvir