[Linux-cluster] hi,question about gfs2

zachar at awst.at zachar at awst.at
Wed Feb 23 14:45:02 UTC 2011

Is this solution supported by RedHat?

If I am correct, it isn't:
https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-17651

With HA-LVM you will loose the live-migration...

And if I am correct, as the redhat cluster suite's resource script do not activate the vgs (or lvs)  exclusively (that can be an option when you are using clustered LVM), nothing would prevent the second node to start the vm that is already running on the master node (which would probably kill your filesystems in your vm) in a split brain situation (except a "reliable" fencing).

If I am correct, the only supported method is CLVMD+GFS(2) if you want live migration for a VM. Is this true?

Regards,
Balazs