[Linux-cluster] question about Fabric fencing in GFS2

Title: [Linux-cluster] question about Fabric fencing in GFS2

Hi

I am very new to GFS2. When I am reading GFS2 docs, I have noticed fabric fencing method. If I understand correctly, fabric fencing requires cluster node would be able to login into the SAN switch to disable ports. Does such kind of access put admin password of the SAN switch  in cluster.conf in clear text? If yes, it could be a bad idea for storage admins, If not, does storage admins need create a special account which can only disable the ports for the particular host?

Thanks