[Linux-cluster] lvm2-cluster not syncing correctly?

Simon Hargrave szhargrave at ybs.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 08:55:19 UTC 2011

Please read the warning at the end of this email

 >  As a rule of thumb, I always do a "vgscan" on all of the other nodes in the cluster, after creating a LV on a clustered VG.
 >  // Thomas

In this instance however, vgscan doesn't appear to fix the issue.  After doing the vgdisplay -v vgGWPOCSHARED to see all the volumes, I then perform a vgscan and get the same Archiving volume group "vgGWPOCSHARED" metadata error in the verbose output.  A vgdisplay -v without the VG name once again shows the volumes as absent.
[root at ybsxlx89 ~]# vgscan -v
    Wiping cache of LVM-capable devices
    Wiping internal VG cache
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
    Finding all volume groups
    Finding volume group "vgGWPOCSHARED"
  Found volume group "vgGWPOCSHARED" using metadata type lvm2
    Archiving volume group "vgGWPOCSHARED" metadata (seqno 25).
    Archiving volume group "vgGWPOCSHARED" metadata (seqno 23).
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/vgGWPOCSHARED" (seqno 23).
    Finding volume group "vg00"
  Found volume group "vg00" using metadata type lvm2

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged information.
If you are not the person for whom they are intended please return the email and then delete all material from any computer. You must not use the email or attachments for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to anyone other than the intended recipient.
Any statements made by an individual in this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the Yorkshire Building Society Group.

Yorkshire Building Society, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, chooses to introduce its customers to Legal & General for the purposes of advising on and arranging life assurance and investment products bearing Legal & General’s name.

We are entered in the FSA Register and our FSA registration number is 106085 http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register

Head Office: Yorkshire Building Society, Yorkshire House, Yorkshire Drive, Bradford, BD5 8LJ
Tel: 0845 1 200 100

Visit Our Website
http://www.ybs.co.uk

All communications with us may be monitored/recorded to improve the quality of our service and for your protection and security.

http://www.star.net.uk