Re: [Linux-cluster] [DRBD-user] DRBD and KVM for a HA-Cluster ?

Digimer wrote:

(snippage)
In fact, it's a benefit because, last I checked, snapshot'ing of
clvm was not possible.

and it still isn't. i tried to slapshot a gfs2 volume and it refused, which makes tar'ing a gfs2 directory - without getting "source volume changed during processing" messages - impossible, at least in my setup (RHEL/Centos 5.5, five-way clustah).

so i created xfs filesystems, rsync the gfs2 -> xfs stuff hourly, and backup from the xfs. it's "not-really-wonderful" but works fine.

yvette