Re: [Linux-cluster] How to re-store my lost data

On 01/06/2011 02:51 PM, Luis Cebamanos wrote:
> Well, there are not backups of that valuable lost data but the cluster
> was using disk mirroring but no one has a clue of how to take advantage
> of that. Nobody here is a cluster expert and that has been the problem I
> guess.
> We haven't really "touch" any important system file, after physically
> installed the hard disk, we realized that the cluster wasn't properly
> working. We rebooted the cluster without the old disks and that has been
> the result.
> Worst scenario, we will need to call an expert, but we think it can not
> be a big deal as I said, we haven't modified the previous configuration...

Luis,

  Stop doing anything and call an expert right away. If your data is
valuable and you are not familiar with clustering and/or systems
administration, you will very likely remove any remaining chance for
data recovery.

In the future, *always* have external backups!

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer alteeve com