Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS2 + NFS crash BUG: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference

Colin Simpson wrote:
But I guess you are also telling me that file locking between the two
wouldn't be helping here either?

Correct.

NFSd (v2/3) doesn't pass client locks to the filesystem, nor does it respect locks set by other processes.

It has a number of other foibles - try setting up a large number of services where you have one NFS export per service (eg, multiple disk mounts) and there's a good chance the exports will fail at startup because they all try to run at once and end up scribbling all over each other's export list (There's a name for this kind of failure mode, which I can't remember)